You can now have the calm life of relatives, allowing them to do their daily business without fear of being late for work. You will have the confidence that the patient is continuously under the supervision of competent, qualified specialists.
- Ridding an elderly person of domestic problems that have a negative impact on him and cause a deterioration in his well-being.
- In such institutions, special rehabilitation problems are used, complexes of exercises are performed to avoid the development of unpleasant complications.
- People without movement receive professional psychological support. Experienced, qualified psychologists work with them.
- People living in boarding houses have the opportunity to communicate with each other. Communicating with people with similar interests and similar problems helps to get a psychological discharge.
Using the latest information technologies allows customers of such institutions to constantly communicate with their relatives, being at a distance from them.In boarding houses for the elderly, patients are provided with a full, balanced diet. The daily diet for each patient is prepared in accordance with the instructions of his attending physician. In case of Assistansbolag Stockholm you can have the effective deals now.
Elderly people in such boarding houses cease to feel discomfort, as well as a sense of awkwardness in front of relatives due to their physical condition and inability to care for themselves. They get everything that people need in this position and are in the most comfortable conditions.
Care in one way or another is necessary for every person with disabilities. As a rule, relatives and friends take care of the disabled person. It is especially difficult to care for a disabled person who, due to his age or illness, cannot adequately respond to the surrounding reality. If a seriously ill person is inactive, then he has the following problems:
- exacerbation of skin diseases: bedsores, diathesis, furunculosis
- diseases of the cardiovascular system
- impaired respiratory function
- disruption of the digestive tract
- muscle atrophy, bone fragility, etc.
Proper care should be aimed at the prevention of the above complications. In this case, you need to know exactly how to care and it is desirable to have a medical education. Many relatives learn to care for the disabled person on their own, while others hire a caregiver. Finding a patient and qualified caregiver is a great luck, therefore, in 70% of cases, relatives are caring for a disabled person.
Problems in caring for a disabled person
Even the most caring and patient people face problems caring for a disabled relative. The most common problem is psychological burnout. Lack of knowledge about the psychology and behavior of people with disabilities often cause conflicts in the family. Also, most people talk about the following problems:
- Inability to fully work and relax – a disabled person cannot be left for more than 4-6 hours.
- The constant lack of time for everyday affairs, study, personal life.
- The need to perform physically hard work: lift, change into a chair, take to the street, etc.
- Mastering the skills of a nurse: measuring pressure, injections, the ability to handle mechanical ventilation.
- Psychological problems, not always caring for a disabled person has a positive attitude, patience and compassion.
- Cramped living conditions – a sick person needs a separate room, while other family members are forced to huddle in a small living space.
- Conflicts with other healthy family members arising from the distribution of responsibilities and financial costs of care.